Monday, August 27, 2007

That big news?

Well..most know of our big news...we're moving, or rather we've already moved, to Jacksonville, Florida.

DH wanted to live at home again and the company didn't want to transfer him for some more time....so DH went out and found a new job. It's with a Brazillian company so he's going to start learning Portugese...use Google to figure out the rest. (Simon...you placed 16th in the Swatch contest years ago...I know you can do it! :))

I'm going to do another post soon, with photos about how different it is here. I don't want to say its better or worse...its different. I still need to go get a photo from the salon that offers "Free mullet removal"

We drove down from Chicago which was complicated by bringing a ton of guns, one geriatric dog, and a cat who hates car drives. It took time...but we got here thanks to the portable DVD player, steroids, and lots of caffine.

The housing market is interesting here. We are looking on the westside of town since that's where the job is. Oakleaf Plantation is where we're probably going to end up..yes, total plastic suburbia. It's beautiful...I'm just worried about the people! It's a very soccer mom community...I wear black shirts with cartoon representations of Death. I'm not sure its going to be a great match. The problem is the part of town where we should be is too far from the job.

Comments:
Debby,
Yes Jacksonville is quite an adjustment! I actually live out in Oakleaf and while it does have the Desperate Housewives/Soccer Mom feel there is a mixture of people, looks and nationalities. I believe due in part to the military. Just be careful before you buy to look into the CDD fees. If you have children it is a wonderful area and if you have looked around at all that will be out here it would be optimal for you with your husband's job being in this area. If you have any other questions you want to ask please feel free to ask me......
 
Lori,

You said "Desperate Houswives" I didn't :) I am looking for a preschool for our 3 year old. We took a look at Goddard which is right there in Oakleaf and while the people seemed *very* nice, the kids seemed rather...grim? Are there any other preschools? Is it easy to become involved in the community? It's pretty much decided we're going to be in Oakleaf I think. Your profile is private so I can't email you so if you could email me directly that would be great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Evolved Homeschooling
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com